Thursday, September 17, 2015

Finding God's Presence ~ There is Grace

by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor


A few mornings ago I awoke to that desperate feeling that comes when you realize your life is forever changed. Despair had nearly killed me. Heartbreak beyond description left me breathless on numerous occasions. My healing process is steady, but there are still days that I am consumed with emotional pain.

This was one of those days. 

I pressed into Jesus that morning and let the tears free-fall. And fall they did. Torrents of teardrops rushed from the cracks in my broken heart. I listened to a beautiful song, There is Grace, by Lara Landon that spoke truth to me, releasing even more tears, this time cleansing ones:

       Could it really be this simple?

       Well You know how hard I try
       To measure up to what I think You're wanting
       Earn the right to be the apple of Your eye.

       The truth is there is nothing I could do to make 

                You love me more.
       Nothing I could do to make You love me less.

       It always has been and always will be

       About the love You lavish on me.
       Though undeserving and bringing nothing
       How sweet to find that there is grace.

       Teach me how to rest here in Your Presence

       For more than just a moment or two
       Let Your grace become a revelation
       So that every step I take is in this Truth.

       The truth is there is nothing I could do to make

               You love me more.
       Nothing I could do to make You love me less.

       It always has been and always will be

       About the love You lavish on me.
       Though undeserving and bringing nothing
       How sweet to find that there is grace.

       There is grace.


Grace. God's grace is enough. Poured out freely from the One who loves us with an everlasting love, His grace fills the broken places, covers the pain of loss, soothes the endless hurt, and calms the restless heart. Though undeserving and bringing nothing, how sweet to find that there is grace.

Sweet friend, are you in a place of brokenness? I pray that you, too, will find that God's grace is enough.

His grace is amazing.

Indeed.

A Tweetable to Encourage Others

Where is God when I'm broken? @NanJonesAuthor offers a glimpse. (click to tweet)



*****************************************************************

 The Perils of a Pastor's Wife
by Nan Jones

Chapter One
After the Fire, A Gentle Whisper 

ONLY GOD KNEW where my husband was. I had run from the business meeting before its completion. Tempers flared. Tongues were unleashed, and nearly three years of fruitful ministry were all but destroyed. My heart beat madly within my chest, fighting desperately not to break from the pain of rejection. Angry tears stung my cheeks as I bolted from the sanctuary. I didn’t know if I could continue in this thing called ministry. God was asking too much of me.

My husband, David, and I had been ministering in the small rural church for three years. Under his leadership and the Holy Spirit’s guidance, the church had experienced exponential growth. God’s mercy and grace flowed into the lives of our people. Church had become a place of joy, restoration, and refuge.

Then evil reared its ugly head.



The Perils of a Pastor's Wife may be purchased on Amazon. This would make the perfect gift for Pastor Appreciation Month (October).

~#~

 

No comments :

Post a Comment