Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Finding God's Presence ~ When Storm Clouds Obscure Our Vision

by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor


We couldn't see the Blood Moon in the mountains of North Carolina on Sunday night. It was there, but we couldn't see it.

Cloud-cover as thick as molasses filled the sky and obliterated our view. Rain poured for hours removing any hope of seeing this phenomenon of biblical proportions. There was room to doubt the moon's existence if its reality was only contingent on sight - there was absolutely no visual to substantiate what others were telling us.

Yet I knew it was there. In spite of the rain. Behind the cloud cover. Beyond the veil of a soggy night ... the Blood Moon was there.

God is like that.

We don't have to see Him for the Truth of His Presence to be validated. The truth of His Presence is established in His Word. He is there whether I acknowledge Him or not. But oh how sweet it is to acknowledge Him by faith.

"...and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." ~ Matthew 28:20

"Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One, who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you." ~ Deuteronomy 31:6

"And He [the Lord] said, 'My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest'" ~ Exodus 33:14 

When our spiritual eyes are blinded by storm clouds as thick as molasses, it's time to press into God's Word, ask Him to stir up our faith and make it strong - ask Him to open our eyes that we might see Him and know His Presence according to His Word.

Because just like the Blood Moon whose presence was obscured by the rain, the Lord your God is with you, even if you can't see Him.

Oh how sweet it is to acknowledge Him by faith.

A Tweetable to Encourage Others

Where is God when I can't see Him? @NanJonesAuthor offers a glimpse. (click to tweet)

***********************************************************
 The Perils of a Pastor's Wife
by Nan Jones

Chapter One
After the Fire, A Gentle Whisper 

ONLY GOD KNEW where my husband was. I had run from the business meeting before its completion. Tempers flared. Tongues were unleashed, and nearly three years of fruitful ministry were all but destroyed. My heart beat madly within my chest, fighting desperately not to break from the pain of rejection. Angry tears stung my cheeks as I bolted from the sanctuary. I didn’t know if I could continue in this thing called ministry. God was asking too much of me.

My husband, David, and I had been ministering in the small rural church for three years. Under his leadership and the Holy Spirit’s guidance, the church had experienced exponential growth. God’s mercy and grace flowed into the lives of our people. Church had become a place of joy, restoration, and refuge.

Then evil reared its ugly head.



The Perils of a Pastor's Wife may be purchased on Amazon. This would make the perfect gift for Pastor Appreciation Month (October).

~#~

 

2 comments :

  1. Wonderful analogy and word pictures. Welcome back Nan, I love how God demonstrates His love and faithfulness to us even when we are unsure whether or not He is there. Love you :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Marcie girl. He knows just what we need right when we need it :)

      Delete