Thursday, October 29, 2015

Finding God's Presence ~ God Is Like That, You Know

by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor


Burnt orange and gold waved like a banner against the oyster gray of the foggy sky. The darker the sky, the deeper and richer the color of the leaves. 

I love that.

I love that the brilliant leaves proclaimed their glory against the darkness, perhaps in spite of the darkness. I love that the darker the sky grew, the stronger their proclamation of glory.

I want to be be like that.

I want the glory of the Lord to shine through me and illuminate the evidence of His beautiful Presence to a darkened world. Like the leaves of autumn, I want the impending darkness to have an automatic response of my light shining brighter. With determination. With intention. With grace.

His amazing grace.

That's what it's all about, isn't it? His grace. His grace that rains down upon His children, especially in times of darkness. His grace that lights up and paints a prism of glorious color throughout our tear-stained broken places. And when the darkness of sorrow or fear or despair tries to invade, the prism of glorious color waves like a banner going into battle, proclaiming the victory of the Lord.

God is like that, you know. 

I want to be like that too.

"For the Lord God is a sun and shield; The Lord will give grace and glory; No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly."
~ Psalm  84:11

A Tweetable to Encourage Others

Where is God when I'm surrounded by darkness? @NanJonesAuthor offers a glimpse. (click to tweet)

~#~


 

2 comments :

  1. There's a house up the street I pass every day. It has 3 huge trees in the front of it and I've looked forward to seeing it go up in flames since the beginning of Fall. The other day, it was gloomy, rainy and foggy but those trees looked so beautiful. One red, one orange and one yellow. First of all, how special is it that they all turned a deeper hue from the other? But it was the vibrancy of their colors that stood out to me. As I passed them this morning, the sun was shining and they looked so much duller and not quite as pretty. It is not a coincidence that you wrote about this today and God put it on your heart. Thank you for sharing how grace illuminates our lives even in the colorless of days. I want to be like that too. I love you :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your experience. I absolutely love that the Lord spoke to you in the same way. If only we (all believers) can get it in our knower that God is with us ALWAYS, especially when we need to experience His grace. I love you too.

      Delete