Thursday, October 15, 2015

Finding God's Presence ~ It's For Those Tears He Died

by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor

Guest blogger, Marcie Bridges   @Marcie_Bridges

I'm so delighted to feature my friend Marcie Bridges on Morning Glory again. She has written a beautiful testament of God's grace as she watches the Lord heal her friend from a broken heart. I believe you will be touched by her words and encouraged by her insight. Perhaps you are praying for a friend or, like me, find yourself caught in the quagmire of grief and are searching for wholeness again. Marcie and I pray that you will be strengthened by the words of her heart and that you will find Him faithful.

Welcome Marcie!

I watched her cry. Tears poured down her face. The hurt was deep, cutting raw, sharp scars that will take years to go away.


I want to stop her tears. I want to heal her heart. I want to take her into my arms and assure her that it is going to be okay.



But I feel like all of my words are just empty promises that only leave a gaping hole in wounds that break open too quickly.



It’s been a year now and I’ve watched in amazement as the tears now cleanse instead of infect and the wounds slowly, but surely, scar over. I watch her walk in faith that only God gives her strength to walk and I quietly continue to pray for her healing.



Healing that comes through brokenness. Healing that comes through break-downs. Healing that comes through a flow of tears that are gathered up and put inside a bottle of precious comfort and sweet aroma of praise.



Psalm 56:8 says, “You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book.”



God doesn’t just let us cry and leave us high and dry. He takes each sorrow, each wound, each scar, each tear and He holds them in one hand while holding us with the other, speaking and singing peace over us. He doesn’t always shield us from the pain, rather, He carries us through it and places our tears inside His bottle to let us know He loves us so tenderly He will never let us go. He will take those tears of mourning and turn them into a day of dancing.



I’m watching her, little by little, begin to smile. To lift up her face to the sun and just the other day, I’m pretty sure I saw her twirl in front of Jesus.



ALABASTER TEARS



An alabaster bottle

ornately carved with gold

the riches inside its cavern

too precious to behold.

Sits upon a pedestal

beside Jesus, God’s own Son

He keeps it closely by His side

a treasure of comfort and love.

For each time we shed a tear

each time they drop from our eye

He collects them in His bottle

because it’s for those tears

He died.



~Marcell Warner Bridges


*****************************************************************

Meet Marcie: 

Marcell (Marcie) Warner Bridges is a wife, mother, and currently a student at Lenoir-Rhyne University studying for her Bachelors of Arts in English with the goal of becoming an Editor. Marcie began sharing her love of the Lord and His Word through poetry at a young age. Portraying difficult or emotional topics through poetry she deeply desires to encourage others in their walk with the Lord through the written word.  Marcie has been published in several anthologies and frequently shares her work through her blog: Heart Thoughts http://marcieheartthoughts.blogspot.com  Marcie can also be reached through email at mmkabrids@embarqmail.com


                                                   ~#~



 

5 comments :

  1. Thank you for hosting me today Nan. You're a blessing to me :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an honor to host you Marcie girl. I love your work.

      Delete
  2. This may be the most beautiful poems of yours I have read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Norma. I absolutely love it.

      Delete
    2. Awww thank you both. This one was truly a gift from God for you. :-)

      Delete