Thursday, August 5, 2010

BEHOLD! The Lord is My Salvation!

"Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; For Yah, the Lord, is my strength and song; He also has become my salvation.'"
(Isaiah 12:2)

"For Yah, the Lord, is my strength and song..."

I discovered something new about this scripture. In the past, I read Yah like the word, 'yes' - "For yes, the Lord is my strength and song..."

But, I was wrong. The word, Yah, is actually a shorter form of the Lord's name, Yahweh, or Jehovah. Who knew?!

Many references to Yah involve a compound word Hallelu-Yah (sound familiar?) which, translated means, "Praise the Lord." A literal translation means, "You must all praise Yah!"

So interesting...Now, let's put this in context.

The book of Isaiah is filled with prophetic passages of the coming of the Messiah. Chapter 12 is a continuation of one such prophesy. When I consider the coming of the Lord and I consider what I just learned about Hallelu-Yah, I am reminded that on that Day, "every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord!" It is mandated that we must all praise Yah - Hallelu-Yah!!

I love that Isaiah says, "BEHOLD, God is my salvation..." He is making a declaration. He is calling attention to what he knows to be true. Isaiah is speaking these words to the children of Israel, but perhaps he is declaring his faith to himself, as well.

Maybe that is something we should consider from time to time.

Is your back against a wall? Do you feel afraid or overwhelmed? Is your confidence level running lower than the ground on which you stand?

Then maybe it is time to declare your faith!

For BEHOLD, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid! He is my strength - my power and security. He has filled my heart with praise. Nothing is too difficult for my God. He holds me in the palm of His mighty hand and delivers me from all my fears.

There. Do you feel better?

I know I do.

Shalom.


Father, I will trust and not be afraid because You, Lord, ARE my salvation, my strength and the lifter up of my head. I boldly declare my faith and speak courage into my spirit, in Jesus' Name. You are faithful, Lord. Thank You for holding me in the palm of Your hand, safe and secure from all life's harms. I love you, Lord.

No comments :

Post a Comment