Friday, August 20, 2010

Heaven is Near When I Think Of You

"I will praise You, my God, O King; And I will bless Your Name forever and ever. Every day I will bless You, and I will praise Your name forever and ever. Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised; And His greatness is beyond our understanding...I will meditate on the glorious splendor of Your majesty, and on Your wondrous works. Men shall speak of the might of Your awesome acts and I will declare Your greatness. They shall eagerly utter the memory of your great goodness, and shall sing of Your righteousness. The Lord is gracious and full of compassion, slow to anger and great in mercy. The Lord is good to all, and His tender mercies are over all His works...The Lord upholds all who fall and raises up all who are bowed down with toil, disease or poverty. The eyes of all look expectantly to You, and You give them their food in due season. You open Your hand and satisfy the desire of every living thing. The Lord is righteous in all His ways, gracious in all His works. The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth."
(Psalm 145:1-3,5-9,14-18)


As I'm typing this devotional, I am listening to a song by Michelle Tumes. She is repeatedly singing, "O Lord, heaven will be near me when I think of You."

Maybe that's why I was drawn to this Psalm today. It is a Hymn of Praise by David and it caused me to think of my gracious Lord.

For some reason, today has been one of those days. But, as I read these words of praise, my spirit was encouraged.

It is my prayer that God's Holy Word will lift you with the wings of eagles and strengthen you, as well.

O, Lord, heaven is near me when I think of you.


Joy. Blessed joy.

I need You, Lord. I need thee every hour, most gracious Lord! Thank You for encouraging me and for setting my feet on high. You are greatly to be praised. Thank You for upholding me and for raising me up when I am bowed down from the burdens of life. I love You, Lord. Your mercy and grace are amazing.

No comments :

Post a Comment