Saturday, August 7, 2010

He Presents You Blameless Before God

"Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, to God our Savior, who alone is wise, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and forever. Amen."
(Jude 24,25)


Have you ever considered what the complete meaning of the title, Savior is? It comes from the Greek word, soter (so-tare). Soter speaks to a deliverer, preserver, benefactor and rescuer.

Jesus is all these things and more, but I want you to focus on one thing in particular: Verse 24 reads, "Now to Him who is ABLE to keep you from stumbling and to PRESENT YOU FAULTLESS (or blameless) before God's Presence...

Jesus is ABLE - dunamai (doo-nam-ahee)! He has the power, the willingness, the strength and the action to preserve us in our walk of faith, to keep us from stumbling and...what else? He is able to PRESENT US FAULTLESS OR BLAMELESS BEFORE THE PRESENCE OF GOD!!

Take a moment to imagine this.

In my mind I can see Jesus carrying me. The blood stains from His hands rub off onto me, immediately linking me to His sacrifice. The crown of thorns piercing His forehead release the life-giving blood to course down the sides of His face. With my hand, I gently wipe His brow.

And then He kneels.

He kneels, clutching me to His breast. Tilting His head, Jesus smiles and looks up into the brilliant Light of God's love. He intercedes for me and presents me blameless before the Father and the Father accepts me as His own.

The blood of Jesus has washed me clean.
The blood of Jesus has clothed me in righteousness.
The blood of Jesus continuously delivers, preserves and rescues me from a fallen world.

And His blood does the same for you.

"Oh! precious is the flow that makes me white as snow,
No other fount I know, nothing but the blood of Jesus."

Lord Jesus, How I love you, Lord. Thank You for giving Your life for me. Thank You for rescuing me from a fallen world and for delivering me from the enemy's hand. You are precious to me, Lord. Keep me from stumbling as You have promised. Thank You for presenting me blameless to my Heavenly Father. And Lord, thank You for interceding for me, preserving me from the snare of sin. Glory to Your Name, Lord!

No comments :

Post a Comment