Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Blessings of Obedience

"The Lord will open to you His good storehouse, the heavens, to give the rain to your land in its season, and to bless all the work of your hand. You shall lend to many nations, but have no need to borrow. And the Lord will make you the head and not the tail; you shall be above only, and not be beneath if you listen to the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you today, and are careful to observe them."
(Deuteronomy 28:12,13)


Oh, the blessings of obedience!

Obedience places you in the perfect will of God. In His perfect will is provision, protection, joy, peace...and the list goes on.

Does having an obedient heart cause you to walk in perfection? No! No one walks in perfection, we all fall short of the glory of God. But, remember, God looks upon the heart and, when He sees a heart that is focused on Him, desiring to please Him in all things, then he will make the crooked places straight. His voice will be heard loud and clear. You will feel his fingertips intertwined with yours.

"The Lord will open to you His good storehouse, the heavens, to give the rain to your land in its season, and to bless all the work of your hand."


Choose this day to walk in obedience - not perfection - obedience. He will direct your paths and pour out blessings too great to contain.

And won't it be awesome to sense His hand clasped in yours?

Lord God, I choose You this day. Open my ears to hear Your voice that I might walk in Your ways. I love You so much, Lord. There is no place I would rather be than in the center of Your will. My life is not my own - it belongs to You. Make me and mold me into a vessel of honor for You. Bless You, Father.

No comments :

Post a Comment