Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Heart Set On Pilgrimage

"How lovely is Your dwelling place, O Lord of hosts! My soul longs, yes, even faints for the courts of the Lord; My heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.

"Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young - even Your altars, O Lord of hosts, my King and my God. Blessed are those who dwell in Your house; They will still be praising You. Selah

"Blessed is the man whose strength is in You, whose heart is set on pilgrimage. As they pass through the Valley of Weeping, they make it a spring; The rain also covers it with pools of blessing. They go from strength to strength; Each one appears before God in Zion.

"O Lord God of hosts, hear my prayer; Give ear, O God of Jacob! Selah
O God, behold our shield, and look upon the face of Your anointed."
(Psalm 84:1-9)


The words to this lovely Psalm settled my restless spirit this morning. It is my prayer that you will experience the same.

We are on a pilgrimage.
At times we are in the Valley of Weeping.
At times we find ourselves in pools of blessing.
But, always, we are on a pilgrimage.


Set your eyes on the dwelling place of God. Respond to the longing in your heart, the wooing of the Holy Spirit calling you to rest beneath the shadow of His wings.

And journey there...without looking back.


Father, I sense that someone needs to read these words this morning in order to not give up. Strengthen this, Your Child. Lead them to Your love, Your Light in their darkness. Hold them, Father. Let them hear Your heartbeat beating for them. Thank You, Lord. I love You.

No comments :

Post a Comment