Friday, January 7, 2011

This Is The Day The Lord Has Made!

"I will praise You, for You have answered me, and have become my salvation. The stone which the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone. This was the Lord's doing; It is marvelous in our eyes. This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it."
(Psalm 118:21-24)


Are you singing that familiar tune yet?

This is the day, this is the day
That the Lord has made, that the Lord has made!
We will rejoice, we will rejoice and be glad in it
And be glad in it!!


I have sung this song for years, but not until today, did I realize its literal meaning.

The psalmist is rejoicing in the day of salvation
- the day of salvation which the Lord has made! It is by "the Lord's doing" that Jesus, the living stone of the temple, has been made the chief cornerstone - the foundation, the pivotal piece for the dwelling place of God - the Body of Christ.

Don't you love it?

The day of salvation - unto ALL generations - to all who will believe...THIS is the day the Lord has made by "His own doing" - by His own plan.

I will rejoice and be glad in it for it is marvelous in my eyes!

Thank You, Father! Thank you for the day of our salvation, for Your plan to unite us as one with You. I pray we will never take it for granted; that we will always consider the sacrifice made and for what purpose. It is unimaginable to us that the Creator of the Universe dwells in us...all because of Your plan. We rejoice in Your love. Praise You, Lord!

No comments :

Post a Comment