Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Oh Lord! Send Your Light & Truth!

"Oh, send out Your light and Your truth! Let them lead me; Let them bring me to Your holy hill and to Your dwelling place. Then I will go to the altar of God, to God my exceeding joy; And on the harp I will praise you, O God, my God."
(Psalm 43:3,4)


My paraphrase:
"Oh Lord, send Your light to lead me out of the darkness and Your truth to lead me out of my confusion! Let Your light and truth lead me to Your Presence where I will worship and praise You with all my might until I am no longer bound by my distress - until I am changed by Your grace."

Psalm 43 is thought to be an extension of Psalm 42 which was written by the sons of Korah. Korah was a Levite - a priest - who was swallowed up by the earth because he dared to challenge the God-given authority of Moses (Numbers 16). Korah's sons were spared and, as they grew into men, ministered as priests in the Tabernacle.

I honestly do not know what trouble the sons of Korah found themselves in, but this I know, the sons of Korah had experienced the Presence of God because of their service as priests. And now they find themselves separated from God, being overtaken by their enemies. They are yearning for Him, longing for Him as a deer pants for the water.

And they are pleading with God to send out His light and His truth to lead them back to His dwelling place.


Have you known the glory of the Presence of God and yet find yourself distanced from that Holy Place? I venture to say that most Christians will experience this from time to time. Sad, but true.

But your Father stands with open arms ready to receive His wayward child.
Cry out to Him. You will find Him faithful to shine His light on your darkened path. He delights in speaking His truth into your confusion, dispelling the lies of the Deceiver.

Run to your Lord and fall to your knees in worship and praise.

And be changed.


Father, Thank You for Your light and Your truth! It is such a comfort to know that when we distance ourselves from You, You stand ready to receive us when we call out to You. Your faithfulness astounds me. Your love truly is everlasting, unconditional, beyond understanding. We love You, Lord and desire Your Presence. It is in Your Presence that we are changed and set free.

No comments :

Post a Comment