Thursday, September 18, 2014

Finding God's Presence ~ Break Free the Shackles

by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor

I found myself fighting discouragement this morning. Determined not to surrender to its torments, I put on some praise music, an assortment from Pandora radio. I know in my knower that praise will break the shackles that keep us bound, but sometimes we prefer the pity-party. Can I get an amen? 

I pushed through and heeded the voice of the Lord.

This is how He blessed me:

All the Way My Savior Leads Me
by Chris Tomlin
(original lyrics by Fanny J. Crosby, 1875)

All the way my Savior leads me.
Who have I to ask beside?
How could I doubt His tender mercy,
Who through life has been my guide?

All the way my Savior leads me,
Cheers each winding path I tread,
Gives me grace for every trial,
Feeds me with the living Bread.

You lead me and keep me from falling,
You carry me close to Your heart.
And surely Your goodness and mercy will follow me.

All the way my Savior leads me.
O, the fullness of His love!
O, the sureness of His promise
In the triumph of His blood!
And when my spirit clothed immortal
Wings its flight to realms of day,
This my song through endless ages
Jesus led me all the way.
Jesus led me all the way.

All the way my Savior leads me
All the way my Savior leads me

Sweet tears fell and dampened my cheeks. The Presence of the Lord surrounded me with comfort and peace. How precious is our Savior?

Dear one, are you, too, walking through a season of brokenness? Is Your heart overwhelmed with despair or justifiable anger and disbelief? This I know: Our God is a sure place, a constant. His love knows no bounds. His grace is more than enough. Really.

But we must choose to let Him into our struggle. He won't barge in uninvited - He stands ready to help us, to strengthen us.

How could we ever doubt His tender mercy?

"For the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them
 and lead them to living fountains of waters. 
And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes." 
~ Revelation 7:17 

*********************************************************
Tweetables to Encourage Others

Where is God in your brokenness? @NanJonesAuthor offers hope. (Click to Tweet)

This I know: Our God is a sure place, a constant. His love knows no bounds. (Click to Tweet)




*********************************************************
If you received Morning Glory via email, please visit the Morning Glory  page to hear the song that inspired this post, "All the Way My Savior Leads Me" by Chris Tomlin. I pray it blesses you as much as it did me.

2 comments :

  1. This is beautiful Nan! I don't know about you but I can't wait til we get to Heaven and there will be no more sorrow, pain or tears. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete