Thursday, September 25, 2014

Finding God's Presence ~ Let Go. Into the Purposes of God

by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor

It was the unthinkable.


A mother's heart torn. Absolute anguish. A baby boy cries incessantly while being lowered in a bulrush basket through the tall, swaying reeds into the great Nile.

To save his life, the mother had to let Moses go.

Let go. Into the purposes of God.


I'm learning to let go. To trust fully in my God. In His sovereignty. His mercy. His love. I'm learning to let go so that I might live. My circumstance - my marriage - is out of my hands. It's bigger than me and oh so frail. The devastation of a filthy affair seeks to destroy me along with my marriage. But this I know: it will not destroy me.

"So Pharoah commanded all his people, saying, 'Every son who is born you shall cast into the river, and every daughter you shall save alive.' And a man of the house of Levi went and took as wife a daughter of Levi. So the woman conceived and bore a son. And when she saw that he was a beautiful child, she hid him three months. But when she could no longer hide him, she took an ark of bulrushes for him, daubed it with asphalt and pitch, put the child in it, and laid it in the reeds by the river's bank." ~ Exodus 1:22-2:1-3

Pharoah's plan of destruction was death by river.

God's plan of purpose was life by river.

What Satan means for evil, the Lord God will use for good.

The very thing Pharoah thought would destroy the children of God was the very thing the Lord God used to save Moses and ultimately His people. The very thing! Does that take away the anguish his mother felt? No, and neither does it take away my anguish. But does that remind me that greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world? Yes and amen.

I trust the Lord.

Even when I don't understand what He's doing or how He will reconfigure a life after horrible choices made, I still trust Him. He is a good God. He is faithful. He sees all, knows all, and weaves the horror beget by selfishness with His amazing grace and produces a beautiful woven cloth of purpose.

Moses' mother rushed away from the riverbank, holding her face in her hands, tears streaking uncontrollably. Her anguish surrendered to the peace that wanted to rise - the peace born of trusting the Lord.

The peace from letting go.

*****************************************************
A Tweetable to Encourage Others

Do you need to let go of something or someone? @NanJonesAuthor can help you. (Click to Tweet)



*********************************************************
If you received Morning Glory via email, please visit the Morning Glory  page. I'm featuring a fantastic song by Hillsong called, "Glorious Ruins." Wow! It's great.

1 comment :

  1. This is so powerful Nan it brought tears to my eyes. I love you

    ReplyDelete