Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Finding God's Presence ~ Rest In His Steadfast Love

by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor

I felt the Lord's gentle nudging as I watched the sunrise from the comfort of my porch swing. Another sleepless night had led me to the humble sanctuary - a place of refuge from my troubled thoughts. 

Tangerine currents of His faithfulness flowed through the indigo sky, lighting up diamonds of morning dew throughout the earth. I realized that I expected to watch the sun come up over the mountain ridge. I didn't doubt it for a minute. Never had. The symphony of color always soothed me and reminded me that He is God and I am...well, I am just Nan. 

I found myself lost in the moment.

This is how My love is for you, Nan. Indeed, for all of My children. It is steadfast. Never-changing. You can find rest in the assurance that nothing will ever separate you from My love. Just like the sunrise, My mercies for you are new every morning. Without fail. I will never leave you, nor forsake you. I will carry you through this fierce storm with beauty and grace, with surety and safety. Rest in My steadfast love.

I need this certainty in my life right now. I don't know what to do with circumstances that are sucking the very life out of me. But this I know: If God be for me, who can be against me?

Yes! Sweet friend, if God be for you, who can be against you?

You too, are loved by a merciful, magnificent God. His love is steadfast. Enduring. Stubborn. Relentless. His mercies are new every morning. I promise. Just as the sun comes up over the mountain ridge and the dew refreshes the earth, so His love for us is unwavering. 

The Lord our God is faithful to His children.

 But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear [reverence] Him,
    on those whose hope is in His unfailing love,
 to deliver them from death
    and keep them alive in famine.

 We wait in hope for the Lord;
He is our help and our shield 
In Him our hearts rejoice,
    for we trust in His holy name.
May Your unfailing love be with us, Lord
 even as we put our hope in You. 
~ Psalm 33:18-22, NIV

*********************************************************
Tweetables to Encourage Others

Where is God in my chaos? @NanJonesAuthor shares from her life. (Click to Tweet)

The symphony of color reminded me that He is God & I am...well, I am just Nan.(Click to Tweet)



*********************************************************
If you received Morning Glory via email, please visit the Morning Glory  page to spend a few minutes allowing the Lord to reassure you with Steven Curtis Chapman singing, "Be Still and Know."

No comments :

Post a Comment