Sunday, September 28, 2014

Where Is God? Sunday Glimpses

by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor

Lord, I yearn to be holy as You are holy. I yearn to live a life that glorifies You in all things, that casts away the influence of the world and dwells richly in You. I want the Light of Jesus to shine brightly in me, to dispel the darkness clouding the lives of those around me. I know to bear fruit, the seed must first die. I know to become a vessel for Potter, the clay must be pliable in His hands, molded, shaped, and placed in the Refiner's fire. These things I know. I ask for the continued courage to submit to the work of Your hands. Awaken my heart to love You fully. Earnestly. With fervency. 

I pray for my friends who find themselves in the Refiner's fire also. Though the flames be hot, we will not be burned. Your eye is upon us while in the fire to shelter us from harm, to only allow the impurities of spirit to burn away. I love the reward of having gone through the fire - the reward of knowing You intimately, the reward of abiding in the Presence of a Holy, magnificent God. That is astounding, Lord. Your pursuit of us astounds me also - how You never give up on us, how You are so tender in Your ways towards us, yet so fierce in Your protection of us. How can we thank You for such love? Such grace? 

Draw my friends close. Stir up a hunger within them to know You more, to seek Your face knowing that when they seek You with a whole heart, they will find You. I have found You, Lord and my life will never be the same. Thank You from the bottom of my heart. You are wonderful, faithful and true. I love you, Lord.

Tweetables to Encourage Others

WHERE IS GOD? SUNDAY GLIMPSES @NanJonesAuthor leads you by the hand. (Click to Tweet)

Do you want to know God more? SUNDAY GLIMPSES might help. (Click to Tweet)

No comments :

Post a Comment