Sunday, September 14, 2014

Where Is God? Sunday Glimpses

by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor

Father God, You are so good, You are so faithful to all generations. Your holiness astounds me. Your might, coupled with Your great love, makes me feel safe and at peace. I trust You Lord. Even when I detest my circumstances, I trust You because You are good and because You love me. 

Thank You for teaching me to focus on You - to see You - instead of the mountain before me. But also, I'm so appreciative You are teaching me that the mountain looming ahead leads me to You. So, even when the way is hard, even when the path is steep and covered with stones, the path leads me to Your throne on high, when and if I embrace You in my pain. Thank You for such insight, Lord. I love Your mercy. 

I pray for my friends who are stumbling on the rocky, steep path. Open their eyes to see You with them. Help them feel the touch of Your hand on theirs guiding, protecting, and catching them when they fall. Teach us all to keep our minds stayed on You, Lord and not on our circumstances, not just in righteous rhetoric, but in actuality - to really discipline our mind and thoughts to remain on You. You are teaching me that this is a key to survival when the fire is hot and the torments of the enemy are relentless. 

Yes, Lord, You are the Mighty God, the Maker of heaven and earth, and yet You know me by name. Thank You for Your great love and for Your strength when I am oh so weak. You are precious Lord. I love You with all that I am.

Tweetables to Encourage Others

Where is God when life overwhelms? @NanJonesAuthor offers insight. (Click to Tweet)

Lord, You are the Mighty God, the Maker of heaven & earth, & yet You know me by name. (Click to Tweet)

********************************************************
Please don't carry your burdens alone. I would be honored to pray with you. You may contact me directly at nan@jubilantlight.com

No comments :

Post a Comment