Thursday, November 13, 2014

Finding God's Presence ~ And Yet I Stand

by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor

I stood at the base of a tree looking straight up towards the heavens. The tree's bare branches, silvered with age, stood stark against the sapphire sky of fall. Sunlight glistened its reflection on these silvery branches standing bare. Exposed. Somewhat dead. In the reflection of sunlight I imagined the silvery, bare branches stretched wide in surrender to their Creator. 


Outstretched arms of trust and adoration. 

Outstretched arms grasping for the hand of the One who made them.

I feel like that tree. 

I'm a bit silvered around the edges now. My branches stand bare. Exposed. And yet I stand, sustained by the Vine. I stand with arms stretched wide, lifted up to the One who made me - the One who loves me. His Light reflects in my vulnerabilities, my complete dependence on Him. His love overflows into the broken crevices of my heart.

Yes, I'm like that tree.

I still stand.

"The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me ...to console those who mourn in Zion, to give them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they may be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified." ~ Isaiah 61:1,3

Sweet friend, the Lord God is with you also. He stands ready to pour the oil of His Holy Spirit over and through all of the broken places, to give you beauty for your ashes, to fill you with praise in spite of your circumstances.

When you don't know what else to do, just stand.

Stand still and see the salvation of the Lord.

Stand in His Presence and offer Him praise.

Just stand.

***********************************************
 A Tweetable to Encourage Others

How do I find God's Presence when I'm hurting? @NanJonesAuthor offers insight. (Click to Tweet)



If you received Morning Glory via email, please visit the Morning Glory page. I'm featuring Kathryn Scott singing, "I Belong". Grab a cup of coffee, close your eyes, and soak up the faith-affirming words of this beautiful song. Hope you enjoy.

2 comments :

  1. First of all I really love the poster you made for this. Don't know how you did it but it's so perfect for this devotion. Second, I love the way you ended it, "When you don't know what else to do, just stand.
    Stand still and see the salvation of the Lord.
    Stand in His Presence and offer Him praise.
    Just stand."

    Just what I needed today. Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww....thank you, you little cheerleader you! I made the poster on picmonkey with special effects (overlays). I'm very thankful it ministered to you. Love you :)

    ReplyDelete