Thursday, November 6, 2014

Finding God's Presence ~ You are Still Good

by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor

The apricot-colored leaf swirled on the breeze as it drifted to the ground. I watched its gentle descent, marveling at the goodness of God. This leaf had once shared a blaze of glory on the trees of autumn, its color brilliant against the sapphire sky of October. 

Now it was falling, its time of glory over for a season.

The gentle breeze of God lowered it tenderly to the waiting earth where it would rest and blanket tender vegetation until the coming spring.

I see myself in the apricot-colored leaf...

I've shared the glory in prominent places reflecting the Light of Christ against the sapphire sky.

In my autumn season, I've felt the tenderness of the Lord cradling me as I drift from the spotlight to rest at the foot of the cross.

And I've learned that in all things God is good. He is faithful and true, merciful and kind.


YOU ARE GOOD
by Point of Grace
When the sun starts to rise and I open my eyes
You are good, so good
In the heat of the day with each stone that I lay
You are good, so good

With every breath I take in
I'll tell You I am grateful again
When the moon rises high before each kiss goodnight
You are good

When the road starts to turn around each bend I've learned
You are good, so good
And when somebody's hand holds me up, helps me stand
You are so good

With every breath I take in
I'll tell You I'm grateful again
'Cause it's more than enough just to know I am loved
And You are good

So how can I thank You and what can I bring?
What can a poor man lay at the feet of a King?
So I'll sing You a love song, it's all that I have
To tell You I'm grateful for holding my life in Your hands

When it's dark and it's cold and I can't feel my soul
You are still good
When the world is gone gray and the rain's here to stay
You are still good

With every breath I take in
I'll tell You I am grateful again
And the storm may swell even then it is well
And You are good

So how can I thank You, what can I bring?
What can a poor man lay at the feet of a King?
I'll sing You this love song, it's all that I have
To tell You I'm grateful for holding my life in Your hands

So I'll sing You a love song, it's all that I have
To tell You I'm grateful for holding my life in Your hands
You are holding my life in Your hands

"Deliver me, O Lord, from my enemies; In You I take shelter. Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God; Your Spirit is good. Lead me in the land of uprightness. Revive me, O Lord, for Your name's sake! For Your righteousness' sake bring my soul out of trouble." ~ Psalm 143:9-11

*********************************************************
Tweetables to Encourage Others

If God is good, why am I in turmoil? @NanJonesAuthor offers insight. (Click to Tweet)

What does a falling apricot-colored leaf have to do with me? @NanJonesAuthor will inspire you. (Click to Tweet)



*********************************************************
If you received Morning Glory via email, please visit the Morning Glory  page to hear Point of Grace singing "You are Good." I know you will be blessed.

1 comment :

  1. I was thinking something similar recently about the leaves and their golden splendor then turning duller as they move to the ground. God has been so good to you. He's seen you through and will continue to. Your testimony of faith just shines so brightly through it all. Love you!

    ReplyDelete