Thursday, November 27, 2014

Finding God's Presence ~ Embracing Thankfulness When the Valley is Deep

by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor

My restless spirit is volatile with emotions. Raw. Vulnerable. My flesh is jealous of those who give the appearance of the perfect family, the perfect life. My heart is broken in a million pieces and lays bare before a world of celebration.

But my spirit is quietly thankful for Jesus. 

Therein lies the conflict.

How can there be conflict? Conflict in thankfulness? God is constant in my life. His love carries me, strengthens me, holds me in my brokenness. The world can't take that away. And, although I don't know what my future holds, I trust the One who does, the One who has never failed me. 

For that I am very thankful.

Are you discouraged or facing the holiday season with dread because of significant loss in your life? Me, too. The Lord encouraged me with the song I want to share with you. It dropped straight out of heaven as I cried out for peace in my pain. I pray it will encourage you also.

PRESS ON
by Selah

When the valley is deep
When the mountain is steep
When the body is weary
When we stumble and fall

When the choices are hard
When we're battered and scarred
When we've spent our resources
When we've given our all

Chorus:
In Jesus' name, we press on
In Jesus' Name, we press on
Dear Lord, with the prize
Clear before our eyes
We find the strength to press on

When we can't praise God for our circumstances, we can always praise Him for who He is. We can offer thanks for His love, His grace, His faithfulness.

And in Jesus' Name, we will find the strength to press on.

"I will offer to You the sacrifice of thanksgiving, 
and will call upon the name of the Lord."



*********************************************************
If you received Morning Glory via email, please visit the Morning Glory  page to be strengthened by the message in "Press On" by Selah. I pray it will encourage you as much as it has me.



No comments :

Post a Comment