Sunday, December 13, 2015

Where is God? Sunday Glimpses

by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor


Lord, consecrate me to You. Set me apart for You and Your service. My heart feels as though it's on the edge of a great divide wanting so much to leap across - across the fears, across the unknowns, across the sacrifice. Hold my hand Lord and lead me across to the other side. I want to be solely Yours. I do. And yet the battle of flesh is relentless. The things I don't want to do, I do and the things I want to do, I don't. I know how Paul felt! But that's where Your grace comes in. That's where Your strength comes in. Bless You Lord for Your goodness.

Many are those who walk in the same frustrating shoes I've been wearing. Our feet are to be shod with the preparation of the Gospel of peace, and yet some days it feels like they're shod in concrete, stubbornly staying put. Going nowhere. And why? Because we are not completely surrendered to Your will. Oh wretched woman that I am! 

I ask that You stir within each of us this desire to yield to Your touch, Your will, Your way. Make us pliable in Your hands that we might be vessels of glory for You, Lord. We desire to magnify Your Holy Name. We desire to be Your Light in this darkened and frightening world. Rise within us and let Your enemies be scattered! I ask that You show Yourself mighty in our lives, Lord. Let others see You in us always. Even in the hard places. Transform us by the renewing of our minds and through the power of the Holy Spirit. Find Your pleasure in us, Lord, for we are Your children who desire to be set apart for You. We love You Lord and we give You praise.

A Tweetable to Encourage Others

Where is God when I'm trying to follow Him? @NanJonesAuthor offers a glimpse. (Click to Tweet)

********************************************************
Please don't bear your burdens alone. I would be honored to pray for you. You may contact me directly at nan@jubilantlight.com  

~#~

 

2 comments :

  1. Your sweet words are like a balm to my heart, Nan! Thank you for faithfully sharing your insights into walking with Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so thankful I have others to walk this journey with me. When the words of my heart minister to someone it's an answer to my prayers.

      Delete