Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Finding God's Presence ~ When God Awakens the Morning

by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor


When God awakens the morning,
     And I hear the songbirds sing,
Does He remember my midnight
     And the despair its darkness brings?

When life comes hard and tears fall free,
     When dark clouds dim the light,
Is the new day dawning His spoken verse - 
     His promise He knows my plight?

For when God awakens the morning,
     And the darkness is no more,
His faithfulness resounds to me,
     His mercies I implore.

I know He hears me when I cry,
     He sees me when I fall.
When darkness presses in on me,
     Through tears I hear Him call.

Sweet whispers like the morning dew
     Soothe my thirsty soul.
Dispersing fears, drying tears,
     Onto Him my burdens roll.

When God awakens the morning
     And I hear the songbirds sing,
I know He remembers my midnight
     And hides me beneath His wing.

"Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me!
For my soul trusts in You;
And in the shadow of your wings I will make my refuge,
Until these calamities have passed by."
~ Psalm 57:1

A Tweetable to Encourage Others

Where is God in my midnight? @NanJonesAuthor offers a glimpse. (click to tweet

~#~ 

 

1 comment :

  1. Nan I LOVE THIS POEM!!!! Wow! It's beautiful and touches my worn spirit. Thank you, I love you

    ReplyDelete