Friday, October 29, 2010

Dwelling Between His Shoulders

"The beloved of the Lord shall dwell in safety by Him, Who shelters him all the day long; and he shall dwell between His shoulders."
(Deuteronomy 33:12)

Beloved.
I love that word.
The beloved of the Lord is you.
The beloved of the Lord is me.

I needed to hear those words today. I have felt restless and irritable - not very sanctified, to say the least.

And then I read the sweet words of God, "The beloved of the Lord..."

Beloved. Adored, cherished...dearly loved.


Because we are His beloved, we have the honor of dwelling safely in Him beneath His shelter, His refuge...His hiding place. Oh, thank you Lord! I especially love His hiding place. Do you suppose His hiding place could be "between His shoulders?" These words immediately bring to mind the picture we often see of Jesus carrying the baby lamb wrapped around His shoulders, safe and secure and loved - dearly loved - held in the Shepherd's arms.

Or perhaps "dwelling between His shoulders" is referring to the heart of God. What a lovely thought. Isn't that where we hold our loved ones? In our hearts? Just imagine, if only for a moment, the love God has for you, His child. The Scripture tells us His love is from everlasting to everlasting. His love does not fail. It reaches to the highest heavens and stoops to the lowest valleys to embrace His children. God's love is amazing.

The beloved of the Lord. Adored, cherished...dearly loved.


What a blessed thought.

Lord, I love you. Thank You for Your love. I know that we cannot begin to contain it, to express it adequately, but thank You, Lord. I find great comfort in Your love. I find great comfort in Your hiding place. Is it between Your shoulders? In Your heart? That's where I keep my love for You. Praise You, Father
.

No comments :

Post a Comment