Thursday, February 17, 2011

Gabriel Flew In With An Answer... Swiftly!

"Now while I was speaking, praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the Lord my God for the holy mountain of my God, yes, while I was speaking in prayer, the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, reached me about the time of the evening offering. And he informed me, and talked with me, and said, 'O Daniel, I have now come forth to give you skill to understand. At the beginning of your supplications the command went out, and I have come to tell you, for you are greatly beloved; therefore consider the matter, and understand the vision.'"
(Daniel 9:20-23)


Daniel was interceding on behalf of his people.
He was pleading with the Lord God to restore His holy Temple, to cleanse and restore the children of God to righteousness before their God.

Daniel's prayers were passionate. He was standing in the gap carved deep between judgment and forgiveness, between desolation and restoration. Daniel was baring his soul before the Lord.


I love God's response: Daniel said, "While I was speaking in prayer, the man Gabriel...BEING CAUSED TO FLY SWIFTLY, reached me about the time of the evening offering." I don't know why, but this struck me funny. I guess because Daniel spoke of this so nonchalantly..."Oh, by the way, while I was in prayer, Gabriel flew in with an answer!"

But, my goodness...Gabriel DID fly in with an answer! SWIFTLY!!


Gabriel's message was profound. He said, "When you began to plead with God, He answered you. He loves you and so I have come to tell you the answer" (Contemporary English Version). The Message reads like this, "You had no sooner started your prayer when the answer was given. And now I'm here to deliver the answer to you. You are much loved!"


Friend, God hears us when we call out to Him.

Isaiah 65:24 says, "It shall come to pass that before they call, I will answer; And while they are still speaking I will hear."
Jeremiah 33:3 reads, "Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know."

The Father delights in responding to earnest, urgent prayers - those filled with humility and honesty. He is drawn to the brokenness of His people.

God loved Daniel a great deal.
His love for YOU is immeasurable.
Know that when you bow before the throne of grace, baring your soul before your Lord, KNOW that He hears you and will respond.

Just one thing...if Gabriel comes flying swiftly into your prayer closet, I want to be the first to know!

Father, what an awesome example of answered prayer! And, to think, because of the indwelling Holy Spirit, You are able to communicate Your answers to US directly. Open our ears that we might hear and know Your voice. Grant us confidence to believe that You really do care enough to respond to our cries for intervention or provision or peace. You are a faithful God. We give you glory, honor and praise.

2 comments :

  1. LOL...I'm not sure I'd be able to speak again if Gabriel flew in with an answer!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW!!! I have been guilty of asking the Lord to send a choir of angels with a hand-written note before! But, what if He did that? I'd have a cow!!

    ReplyDelete