Friday, February 18, 2011

The Way of Wisdom

"I have taught you in the way of wisdom; I have led you in right paths. When you walk, your steps will not be hindered, and when you run, you will not stumble. Take firm hold of instruction, do not let go; Keep her (instruction, wisdom), for she is your life."
(Proverbs 3:30)


The way of wisdom.

As a Christian, I have learned to pray for wisdom - God's wisdom. James 1:5 instructs us to ask God for wisdom if we are lacking it. Countless times I have asked my Father for insight, wisdom and instruction as I am ministering to someone. If I have a decision to make I ask Him for His wisdom. When I encounter confusion swirling about me (and you know confusion is just like a whirlwind!) I have learned to STOP and ask my Heavenly Father for wisdom, insight or understanding.

Each day, I ask the Lord for wisdom as I write Morning Glory, "Lord, let me hear Your voice. What is the message for today? Grant me the understanding needed to encourage and strengthen my readers today."

And He is faithful to hear my cry, answer me and pour His wisdom into my spirit.


The wisdom of Almighty God is perfect. His knowledge is lacking in nothing. As we turn to Him for wisdom He reveals the deep and secret things. Remember, the Lord knows what is in the darkness because the Light dwells with Him!

Romans 11:33 is powerful. "Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unfathomable (inscrutable, unsearchable) are His judgments (His decisions)!" The Amplified Bible


Are you in the process of making serious decisions? Or, for that matter, even small ones? Is someone turning to you for advice and you haven't a clue how to help them? Do you find yourself totally confused about the direction you should take, the purpose God has for you?

Beloved, ask of Him! He stands waiting to guide you, to comfort you, to give you understanding.

I love the fact that many, many times in the Word, Jesus told His disciples that His people would know His voice. He didn't say we MIGHT know His voice. His promise is that we WILL know His voice.

But we have to learn to listen.

Be STILL before Him and listen.

"When you walk, your steps will not be hindered. And when you run, you will not stumble. Take firm hold of instruction - insight, wisdom - and don't let go."

Praise You, Father! Your wisdom is beyond comprehension. Thank You for making it available to us. Teach us to recognize Your voice, to not be deceived by the enemy who would lead us to believe that it is IMPOSSIBLE to know Your will or to hear Your voice. Increase our faith, Lord. Pour Your magnificent wisdom into us. Thank You, Lord.

1 comment :