Saturday, February 19, 2011

Let Your Heart Rest In His Hand

"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."
(Isaiah 40:31)


As I was having my quiet time this morning my sweet Jesus reminded me of this verse. Most of us are familiar with this pillar of the Scripture. Maybe so familiar that we take its powerful words for granted. We skim over them, probably think how beautiful they are and then go about our daily grind, without ever drinking in the refreshment these words provide.

The Amplified Bible
reads this way, "But those who wait for the Lord (who expect, look for, and hope in Him) shall change and renew their strength and power; They shall lift their wings and mount up close to God as eagles mount up to the sun; They shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired."

Beautiful, right?

Those who WAIT for the Lord...who expect, look for and hope in Him...

Those who come to God EXPECTANTLY change and renew their strength. Their expectancy lifts them close to God - to their source of strength.
No longer are their burdens their own. The mighty hand of the Father lifts them from shoulders stooped by the baggage of worry and anxiety. His Presence brings fullness of joy, unspeakable peace. He lovingly wraps the garment of praise around His child to replace the spirit of heaviness.

I have mentioned the devotional, Come Away My Beloved, by Frances J. Roberts on several occasions. Overcome with weariness this morning, I read the following which in turn took me to Isaiah 40:31. I pray that the Holy Spirit will speak to you as He did to me.

QUIET POOL

Wait upon Me.
Let your heart rest in My hand as a bird in a nest.
Let your eyes be still. Let your hands be free.
For then I shall fill all your vision, and then I shall take your hands into Mine and My power shall flow forth into you.

If you would only make yourself a place apart, yes, removed from the pressure and turmoil, and there I will meet you. Yes, I wait for your coming.
For I long to pour out My blessings upon you, and I long to give you My fullness.
Only be still before Me.
Never let the toils and cares of the day rob you of this sweet fellowship with Me.



How can we ever doubt the love of our Lord? "Let your heart rest in My hand as a bird in a nest." That sentence brought tears to my eyes. What a precious image of His love.

Friend, receive His love today.
Receive His rest from your burdens.
Let His love restore you and give you peace.

Take His hands in yours and feel His power flow forth into you.


Blessed Lord, Take our hands and help us stand. Sometimes the burdens are heavy and our spirits stoop from the load. Forgive us for trying to carry the weight of the world on our shoulders instead of giving it to you. Thank You, thank You for Your amazing love. Teach us to wait on You - to make a concerted effort to sit quietly in Your Presence. Thank You for Your faithfulness. We love You, Lord.

No comments :

Post a Comment