Wednesday, September 1, 2010

God Came to Israel in Their Wilderness

"God came from Teman, the Holy One from Mount Paran. SELAH His glory covered the heavens, and the earth was full of His praise. His brightness was like the light; He had rays flashing from His hand, and there His power was hidden."
(Habakkuk 3:3,4)


I was struggling this morning.

Nothing I could put my finger on, just restless, ill at ease. My body felt very tired and my spirit drained. I was on the verge of tears, but I couldn't fully understand why.

The Lord reminded me of one of my speaking topics, "Drinking From the Fountain of Living Water". Instinctively, I knew I was "thirsty". My spirit was crying out for a drink of Living Water.

I walked to the bedroom and knelt by my bed.

"Jesus, I'm thirsty. I'm overwhelmed. Fill me up with You, Lord. Let me sit at Your feet. Pour Your strength and peace into me. The joy of the Lord is my strength, the glory and the lifter of my head!"

I rested in His Presence, cried a little bit, then rested some more.

He took me to Habakkuk and reminded me of His greatness.

"God came from Teman, the Holy One from Mount Paran." These words reflect
Deuteronomy 33:2 where Moses is remembering the goodness of the Lord: When Israel cried out in the wilderness, God came to them.

When I cried out in my wilderness, God came to me.


SELAH

"And His glory covered the heavens and the earth was full of His praise. His brightness was like the light, He had rays flashing from His hand, and there His power was hidden."

I stretched out my hand toward heaven and the mighty hand of the Father took hold. I felt His power, I experienced His glory. With love, He raised me up out of the miry clay. He shone His Light in the pit of my darkness and extended grace, peace and strength for my journey.

"The Lord is my portion, therefore I hope in Him."


Lord, Praise You! You are so faithful - Your mercy is great. Thank You for meeting me at my point of need. Thank You for Your peace and for Your strength. What would I do without You? Where would I be without my Savior? I love how mighty You are - how glorious! I try to imagine You in all Your splendor, but You are far greater than my imaginings. You are awesome Lord, and yet You know my name.

2 comments :

  1. Thanks for that encouraging scriptures!!Great message!!! Love, Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad it helped. You are a blessing, Angie.

    ReplyDelete