Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Said the Sparrow to the Robin

"Therefore do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your Heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.'
(Matthew 6:31,32)


"For your Heavenly Father knows that you need all these things."


Doesn't this statement make your faith personal? Guess Who is saying these words? Yes, it is Jesus. He spoke these words during His Sermon on the Mount.

I confess, worry - in the form of anxiety - is big in my life. But, I am getting better. I truly enjoy the majesty of God - His splendor, His glory, His incredible power.

But I REALLY love my Daddy God, Abba Father.


I remember as a young child crawling into my Daddy's lap, feeling his warmth, hearing his heartbeat...At that moment everything in my world was OK. Nothing had actually changed, yet I was safe and secure. My Daddy would take care of everything.

Our Heavenly Father wants us to take hold of this Truth about Him. We are His children, He is our God - our Daddy God. But we don't just open our mouths like a baby bird and become instantly satisfied with this Truth.

No. Understanding comes through RELATIONSHIP. It comes through, metaphorically, crawling into His lap and getting to know Him - not just about Him, but falling in love with Him.

It means seeking the Lord first, making Him a priority, a desire of your heart.


Said the Robin to the Sparrow:
"I should really like to know
Why these anxious human beings
Rush about and worry so."

Said the Sparrow to the Robin:
"Friend, I think that it must be,
That they have no Heavenly Father,
Such as cares for you and me."
(Elizabeth Cheney)



Your heavenly Father KNOWS what you have need of. He can't wait for you to "crawl up into His lap" and listen to His whispers of love.

His heart beats for you, His Child.

Thank You, Father! Thank You for being a personal God, our Daddy God. I find such comfort in that. You are so approachable, so kind and so good. I love you, Lord.

No comments :

Post a Comment