Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Redeemer Lives!

"I know that my Redeemer lives, and in the end He will stand upon the earth. Even after my skin has been destroyed, in my flesh I will see God, I will see Him myself; I will see Him with my very own eyes. How my heart yearns within me, waiting for this to happen!"
(Job 19:25-27 Inspirational Study Bible/max Lucado)


I love the fact that Job is the one speaking in these verses. Talk about someone going through a rough season!

Job taught me a very important lesson many years ago. He taught me that when I can't praise God for my circumstances, I can ALWAYS praise Him for Who He is. Job said, "Even though He slay me, I will hope in Him. Nevertheless, I will argue my ways before Him." (Job 13:15)

Don't you love his honesty? To me, Job displays true faith - a genuine relationship with the Lord. Job says, "No matter what happens in my life, I WILL place my hope and my trust in my Redeemer. And - AND - I will argue my points - yes, present my case to Him. Why? Because I know my God and my God knows me."

Wow - what a glorious thought!

Job has his eyes on the prize. He knows that he is chosen of God. He knows that everything about this earth is temporal - a snap of the fingers. He knows that after he suffers a little while, he shall behold Him, face to face, in all of His glory.

"How my heart yearns within me, waiting for this to happen!"


The words to a song I love came to mind as I wrote this message:
O Lord You're beautiful,
Your face is all I see.
And when Your eyes are on this child,
Your grace abounds to me.


God's grace.

Puts everything into perspective, doesn't it?

Praise You, Lord! I love Job. Maybe its because I can relate to him so easily. But, you know what? You allowed him to go through a very difficult season because You knew His heart and You knew that once it was all said and done, Job would remain faithful to You. That is my prayer. I want my heart to bless You, to honor You. I want my faith to be sure and unwavering. I am so thankful that we are in relationship, Lord. I don't know what I would do without You.

No comments :

Post a Comment