Friday, September 17, 2010

Open Our Eyes That We May See

"And when the servant of the man of God arose early and went out, there was an army surrounding the city with horses and chariots. And his servant said to him, 'Alas, my master! What shall we do?' So Elisha answered, 'Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.' And Elisha prayed, and said, 'Lord, I pray, open his eyes that he may see.' Then the Lord opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha."
(2Kings 6:15-17)


"Lord, I pray, open his eyes that he may see."


Sound familiar? I pray this prayer often. It is a principle I learned years ago and one that I desperately want to impart to you.

There is a spiritual realm as surely as there is a physical world.

Again...There is a spiritual realm as surely as there is a physical world! We need only open our eyes that we might see! The Lord our God has given His angels charge over us. We are surrounded by a multitude of witnesses.

In today's passage of Scripture, the king of Syria was making war against Israel. The king sent horses and chariots and a great army by night and surrounded the city of Dothan.

And then Elisha's servant saw the enemy closing in and grew afraid.

We do the same.

We see our circumstances through our natural eyes.
We need to see our circumstances through the eyes of faith.


Friend, you can trust in the knowledge that the One "Who makes the clouds His chariot and Who walks on the wings of the wind," anticipates your cry for help, your groans of desperation. He takes delight in rescuing His children. God can always make a way where there seems to be no way. We need to TRUST Him...

"And Elisha prayed, and said, 'Lord, I pray, open his eyes that he may see.' Then the Lord opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha."

Great is the Lord and greatly to be praised!

I love You, Lord! You, Who knows our going outs and our coming ins - YOU know our hearts as well. And You know when we are afraid. I am not ashamed to tell You when I am afraid because You are my Father and I trust You. Open my eyes that I may see You in all Your Glory. Open my eyes that I may see You in the throws of battle and know beyond any shadow of doubt that I am not alone. You are great O Lord and I praise You!

2 comments :

  1. Nan, that is a wonderful message, such a blessing !!! I have been praying that God will open my eyes that I may see, and know God will show me!!! Love, Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I have been praying that prayer for years and I believe that is one reason why I have been given insight into God's mysteries. He wants to reveal Himself to us. He wants us to take Him out of that proverbial box and see His Glory. All we need to do is ask!

    Bless you Angie,
    Nan

    ReplyDelete