Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My Chains Are Gone

"The Lord did not set His love on you nor choose you because you were more in number than any other people...but because the Lord loves you and because He would keep the oath (the covenant) which He swore to your fathers, the Lord has brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you from the house of bondage, from the hand of Pharaoh, King of Egypt. Therefore know that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and mercy for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments."
(Deuteronomy 7:7-9)


If only we could take hold of this truth - not with our minds, but with our spirits, deep in the core of our beings.

God truly loves His children, unconditionally, from everlasting to everlasting. He is faithful and merciful. We can depend upon His Word, trust in His Name.

If only we weren't so stubborn! It's easy to walk in faith and victory on the mountaintops, but, in the valleys?! Not so much!

In the valleys we tend to forget.


God brought us out of our bondage with a mighty hand. He redeemed us! Do we really understand what that means?

Redeemed. Padah (pah-dah). "To release, preserve, rescue, deliver, liberate, cut loose, to free, to ransom."

God has set us free from the chains that bind us! Why? Because He loves us. It's that simple.

No longer am I chained to anxiety...unless I forget my redemption.
No longer am I chained to low self-esteem...unless I forget my redemption.
No longer am I chained to my sins...unless I forget my redemption.


Amazing grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost, but now I'm found; was blind but now I see.
My chains are gone - I've been set free.
My God, my Savior has ransomed me.
And like a flood, His mercy rains...
Unending love, amazing grace.

Father, what would we do without Your grace and mercy? Thank You for Your redeeming love. Help us to walk in the freedom You have afforded us and to never forget that we are Your children. You have paid a great price for us - we belong to You. Thank You Lord. We praise Your Holy Name!

No comments :

Post a Comment