Sunday, September 5, 2010

Just Do It!

"Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock. But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall."
(Matthew 7:24-26)


Let's face it. Storms are gonna come. Circumstances will suddenly rock our world and challenge our faith.

Jesus clearly instructs His disciples on how to survive the storm, "HEAR what I say to you and then DO it!"

Sounds like obedience to me...

Obedience places us in the center of God's will. The center of His will is filled with blessings, provision, protection. When we are in the CENTER of His will, we are living WITHIN His love, completely embraced and surrounded by Him. Sound familiar?

Jesus never promised us a bed of roses (as nice as that would have been). But He did promise He would never leave us nor forsake us. He did promise that He has made us to be more than conquerors, as we trust in Him and obey His Word.

The key is to build your life upon the Rock - the Rock of your salvation - Jesus.


In His book, My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers wrote, "The crisis will reveal whether we have been practicing (obedience) or not. If we obey the Spirit of God and practice in our physical life what God has put in us by His Spirit, then when the crisis comes, we shall find that our own nature as well as the grace of God will stand by us."

Our faith must grow - mature. But the foundation must be sure. Build your faith upon the Rock - Jesus.

Know His Word. Know His voice. Then do it.


Just do it.

You, Lord, are my Rock - a sure and strong foundation for my life. I choose to listen to what Your Word tells me and then to apply it to my life. I desire to not be a hearer of the Word only, but also a doer. Forgive me for when I fall short and lean on my own understanding and wisdom. I know that as I depend on You, I will withstand the storms that swirl around me. Thank You, Lord.

No comments :

Post a Comment