Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Future Glory of Zion

"The wilderness and the wasteland shall be glad for them, and the desert shall rejoice and blossom as the rose; It shall blossom abundantly and rejoice, even with joy and singing. The glory of Lebanon shall be given to it, the excellence of Carmel and Sharon. They shall see the glory of the Lord, the excellency of our God. Strengthen the weak hands, and make firm the feeble knees. Say to those who are fearful, 'Be strong, do not fear! Behold, your God will come with vengeance, with the recompense of God; He will come and save you.' Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped. Then the lame shall leap like a deer, and the tongue of the dumb sing. For waters shall burst forth in the wilderness, and streams in the desert. The parched ground shall become a pool, and the thirsty land springs of water."
(Isaiah 35:1-7)


This scripture from Isaiah is a Messianic message proclaiming the coming of Christ. In my bible, it is subtitled, "The Future Glory of Zion".

Friends, that is OUR future - it is our NOW!

Once Jesus is asked to be your Savior and Lord, mighty and magnificent things begin to take place. The crooked places begin to straighten, the desert places of the heart begin to bloom. Sorrowful memories become sweet.

Yes, a transformation takes place.

Ask Him to open your eyes that you might see - your ears that you might hear the wonderful things that your Lord God has prepared for you. Your parched ground will become as a pool. Out of your heart will gush rivers of Living Water as you drink from His fountain.

Chapter 35 ends with the following: "And the ransomed (the Redeemed) of the Lord shall return, and come to Zion with singing, with everlasting joy on their heads. They shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away."

Are you singing? Maybe it is in the rain, but, are you singing?

Precious Lord, take my hand. Lead me on, help me stand. I need You, Lord. Strengthen my weak hands and my feeble knees. Help me march on for Your Glory. I want to come before You with gladness, singing praises to You. I want all sorrow and sighing to flee away. I stand on Your promises, Lord. Hold tight to my hand.

No comments :

Post a Comment