Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Unveiling of the Heart

"Therefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers: that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places."
(Ephesians 1:15-20)


These words were written by Paul to the Church at Ephesus. He was touched by their faithfulness to Jesus and their love for one another. He is encouraging them to continue in their faith and to dig deeper into the things of God.

When Paul prays that the Father of glory may "give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, the eyes of your understanding being enlightened," he is praying that their hearts would be unveiled to behold the Truth of their Savior. He exhorts them to know Christ more and to understand God's purpose and power in their lives.

Beloved, that is my prayer for you and I ask that you pray the same for me. I want to know my Jesus thoroughly - not just what someone else tells me. I want to KNOW Him completely, with an unveiled heart. I want the eyes of my heart (understanding) to be enlightened so that I might experience the brightness of hope as a result of knowing Him.

The brightness of hope...I like that. I can see that light shining in the dark crevices of my heart bringing everything to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.

Hope comes with understanding. Understanding comes with a shovel.

We have to dig deep to find the Hidden Treasures of Christ.

Lord, I want to know You fully - not just about You - but to know YOU. Thank You for making that possible through Your word. Unveil our hearts, Lord, that we can see You clearly. Unveil our hearts that we might embrace You as the Bride embraces her Groom at the altar upon lifting the veil. Oh, to see You more clearly, to know You more dearly, to follow You more nearly...day by day. That is my prayer, Lord.

No comments :

Post a Comment