Monday, June 14, 2010

Lord, I Am Coming!

"Whom have I in heaven but You? And the earth has nothing I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever...My heart has heard you say, 'Come and talk with me, O my people.' And my heart responds, 'Lord, I am coming.'
(Psalm 73:25-26 NIV;Psalm 27:8 TLB)


The Lord gave me this scripture this week as I prepared to speak to some dear sisters in the Lord. The words blessed me beyond measure and I decided to share them with you.

Are you up against a mountain? Are you weary from the daily grind, the insistent pressures? Most of us would answer, "Yes!"

I want you to take this scripture and proclaim it. That's right, go ahead..."Lord, whom have I in heaven but You? You are ALL that I desire! You, O Lord are my strength and my portion forever!"

There, doesn't that feel better? The mountain is still there, but now you have asked God to join the scene. And He is bigger than any mountain!

Listen to the emotion found in Psalm 27:8 from The Living Bible. The Lord sounds as though He is pleading with His people, "Come and talk with me. Let me into your situations. Open your hearts before me."

And how did the Psalmist reply? "Lord, I am coming."

"Lord, I am coming! I'll be right there, Lord!"

That is the sweetness of relationship.

Take time and sit awhile with Jesus. He is waiting for you.

Lord, You are so sweet to me. You, Lord, are all I need. Thank You for desiring a relationship with me - one where we sit and talk with one another. I love you, Lord.

No comments :

Post a Comment