Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Your Face, Lord, I Will Seek

"When You said, 'Seek My face,' my heart said to You, 'Your face, Lord, I will seek.'"
(Psalm 27:8)


To seek - baqash (bah-kahsh) - to search earnestly until the object of the search is located.

The Lord approached David and said, "Seek my face - My Presence." In essence He was saying, "Child, come and dwell with Me in My secret place. You are my special treasure. I desire your company, your love."

Funny, we don't usually think of the Lord having needs, but the Scripture clearly states otherwise.

He needs our praise. He needs our devotion and love. Yes, indeed, God the Father needs our fellowship and communion.

These things speak of relationship.

Imagine that. The Lord Most High desires that we seek after Him. Remember, He is omnipresent - everywhere at all times. But, in order to enter into the Presence of the King, WE must determine to walk in righteousness. WE must enter His courts with praise and thanksgiving.

We must also learn to listen. "Be still and know that I am God."

In the stillness we will find Him and feel His warm embrace.

Lord, I love You so much. My heart is so full as I ponder Your Word. Hide me in Your secret place, beneath the shadow of Your wing. Let me know Your Presence, Your peace, Your embrace of love. I want my relationship with You to increase, to go deeper still that I might know You more and more. May I never settle for less. You are my King.

No comments :

Post a Comment