Sunday, June 13, 2010

Have You Not Heard?

" 'To whom then will you liken Me, or to whom shall I be equal?' says the Holy One. Lift up your eyes on high, and see who has created these things, who brings out their host by number; He calls them all by name, by the greatness of His might and the strength of His power; not one is missing. Why do you say, O Jacob, and speak, O Israel: 'My way is hidden from the Lord, and my just claim is passed over by my God'? Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary. And the young men shall utterly fall, but those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."
(Isaiah 40:25-31)


"...but those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength..." How many of you absolutely love this scripture? It is a go-to one, for sure. But, how often do we fail to read the message leading up to these powerful words?

"To whom then shall you liken Me? Or to whom shall I be equal?" says the Holy One... "Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, neither faints nor is weary!"

Every time I read this passage of Scripture, I feel as though I can hear the Lord's frustration with us. Its like, "Child, how many times do I need to tell you that nothing is too difficult for Me? I put the stars in place, I walk along the wings of the wind. For goodness sake, I made you! Don't you think I know how to take care of you? Don't you know that I, and I alone, orchestrate the events in your life?"

"Yes, Father. But I am so tired. I feel anxious very easily."

"I know that, too. But my Child, I do not grow weary or tired in My caring for you. Wait upon ME. Hope in ME. Come, drink of Me."

"And I will renew your strength."

Lord, I love You so much! My heart feels so full of so many emotions. My body is tired, but You, Lord, have strengthened my spirit. I appreciate that so much. Thank You for Your patience with Me. Thank You for Your love for Me. And thank You for Your rest.

No comments :

Post a Comment