Wednesday, June 30, 2010

He Will Carry You

"Where can we go up? Our brethren have discouraged our hearts, saying, 'The people are greater and taller than we, the cities are great and fortified up to heaven, moreover we have seen the sons of the Anakim there.' Then I said to you, 'Do not be terrified, or afraid of them. The Lord your God, Who goes before you, He will fight for you, according to all He did for you in Egypt before your eyes, and in the wilderness where you saw how the Lord your God carried you, as a man carries his son, in all the way that you went until you came to this place.'"
(Deuteronomy 1:28-31)


The Israelites were preparing to enter their Promised Land - Canaan. Remember the story? Spies were sent ahead of them to check it out and returned with frightening reports about the Anakim - giants - who lived in the land. Not only were the Anakim giants; they were the most dreaded inhabitants in all of Canaan. And they DEFINITELY had a problem with Israel.

The Israelites were like, "Uh, Moses, you've got to be kidding, right? You surely can't expect us to go up against these dreaded giants!"

Fast forward to the year 2010..."Lord, you want me to do WHAT?? I can't do that! This is WAY bigger than me!"

And His response is, "EXACTLY! But it is NOT bigger than Me. And I am with you so you need not be afraid!"

This is what Moses told the Israelites! "Do not be terrified, or afraid of them. The Lord your God, who goes before you, He will fight for you..."

And then I saw something new. Verse 31, "...in the wilderness where you saw how the Lord your God carried you, as a man carries his son, in all the way that you went..." He CARRIED His children! Do you see the tenderness of our Father? He carried them through the floods and they were not drowned. He carried them through the fires and they were not burned.

Are you facing giants? Is the enemy of your soul doing everything he can to defeat you, to terrify you and prevent you from entering into God's purposes for your life?

Then I want you to do something.

Close your eyes and allow the Lord to fill your mind with the image of Him carrying you through the wilderness. Can you fathom His love for you? Experience the warmth of His arms wrapped around you. Listen to His heartbeat. Sense the security, the safety of His strong embrace.

And be comforted, my Child. You are not alone.

Father, You carry us! I can see this clearly. Thank You for showing me this Truth and for using it to comfort me as I face my fears. I need Your strength, Your Presence and that is why I praise You, Lord. I bless You. Open the eyes of my heart that I might experience the knowledge of being carried by You through enemy territory. You are great and mighty and I worship You, Lord.

No comments :

Post a Comment