Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My Lips Will Praise Him

"O God, You are my God; early will I seek You; my soul thirsts for You; my flesh longs for you in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water. So I have looked for You in the sanctuary, to see Your power and Your glory. Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You. Thus I will bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your Name."
(Psalm 63:1-4)


"O God, You are my God!"

Declare it! Proclaim the majesty of your King! Express His Lordship in your life!

"O God, You are MY GOD!" I choose You, Lord. I love you. I proclaim it to the heavens and the earth!

What did David do next? He recognized his need - his soul and his flesh needed a refreshing drink from the wellspring of life.

David didn't sit and wallow. He LOOKED for God in the sanctuary.

Where is the sanctuary? It is the place of God's Presence. David knew that through prayer and praise He would find God - God promises to inhabit the praises of His people - to dwell there.

So David began to praise - shabach (shah-vahch). The interpretation of shabach goes in two different directions: most of the time it refers to speaking words of praise. But there are three references to shabach that refer to calming the tumultuous sea (Psalm 65:7; Psalm 89:9 ~ 'stills') or hushing up things within one's heart (Proverbs 29:11 ~ 'holds').

What a beautiful thought to realize there is a connection between "praising with words" and "soothing with words."

I love the thought that by praising my God, my heart will know peace; the tumultuous seas of life will be calmed.

Seek Him. Thirst after Him. Let your lips praise Him.

And your soul shall be satisfied with life and abundance of joy and peace.

Father, I praise You. I declare Your wonders and Your love. Praise You for Your lovingkindness. Thank You for Your faithfulness and Your peace. You, O Lord are my God. There is no other God besides You. I love You, Lord.

No comments :

Post a Comment