Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Steadfast Love of the Lord

"How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God! Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Your wings. They are abundantly satisfied with the fullness of Your house, and You give them drink from the river of your pleasures. For with You is the fountain of life; in Your Light we see light."
(Psalm 36:7-9)

Aren't you thankful you are a child of God? Just think...we can trust Him, we can run and hide under the shadow of His wing when our enemies lurk near by. His provision is abundant and He sustains us with His Living Water.

Why? Why does God, the Father, do these things for His children? Because of His lovingkindness!

Lovingkindness - chesed (ke-said) - translates to steadfast love, mercy, goodness, unfailing love and grace.

"How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God!" God's love for His children NEVER fails. His mercy is great - steadfast.

I think my favorite part of this passage is the phrase at the end: "in Your Light we see light."

In John 8:12 Jesus said, "I am the Light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the Light of life." Because of His Light, our darkness is dispelled.

And that, too, is because of His lovingkindness.

Dwell in Him. Soak up His love, His Light and drink from His fountain of life.

Father, I am so very thankful for Your lovingkindness! Your mercies are new every morning! Great is Your faithfulness, O Lord my God! Thank You for Your love. I am thirsty, Lord. Lead me to Your river and let me drink. Saturate my spirit that I might celebrate Your goodness in the land of the living. You are precious to me.

No comments :

Post a Comment