Thursday, June 3, 2010

Who is God, Except the Lord?

"For Who is God, except the Lord? And Who is a rock, except our God? It is God who arms me with strength, and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer, and sets me on my high places."
(Psalm 18:31-33)

My heart is heavy today.

In the tenderness that exemplifies my Heavenly Father, He led me to this passage in Psalm 18, "For Who is God, except the Lord?"

He alone is my God. I love Him so. I trust Him completely. The joy I find in Him - that deep, thirst-quenching joy IS my strength. He makes my feet like that of a deer so that I might traverse the craggy, threatening ridges that my journey requires of me. And my God lifts me up to a high place - a place of worship chosen just for me - a place high above the fray, to be with Him.

"For Who is God, except the Lord?"

Only my God could satisfy my need.

I love You, Lord. You are so wonderful to me. I stand in awe of You, Lord for You, alone, are my God.

No comments :

Post a Comment