Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Man After God's Own Heart

"One thing I have desired of the Lord; that will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in His temple."
(Psalm 27:4)


As I pondered these words of David, I realized that my heart has begun to enter this same realm. David is saying that everything about him is determined to seek and know his God.

I am becoming aware that I have the same awakening in my heart.

To DWELL in the house of the Lord is to enter into His Presence daily - to abide there. Dwelling is far different than stopping by for an occasional visit. Dwelling infers relationship, comfortableness, familiarity.

Dwelling occurs through praise.

Our praise ushers in His presence where we can behold His beauty - His delightfulness - where we can look upon His face and know His heart. Praise sets us free to love Him and to worship Him.

You know, David was referred to as "a man after God's own heart." This passage of scripture might be the reason why. He clearly has his priorities straight here.

I would love for the Lord to think of me with such endearing terms.

Wouldn't you?

Lord, Thank You for awakening my heart to love You, to seek You and to know You. I believe this is a gift - an answer to my prayers. Thank You for hearing me as I have cried out to You. Thank You for being so faithful to me, Your daughter. I love You, Lord. I don't want to just know about You. I want to know YOU. Thank You for being available to me and to others who want to love You more.

No comments :

Post a Comment