Monday, July 12, 2010

His Grace is Sufficient

"And He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.' Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may dwell in me."
(2 Corinthians 12:9)

I pray each day for God's leadership in the Morning Glory devotionals and today I felt His insistence on this scripture, but with the additional insight from the Amplified Bible. The Amplified Bible is an amazing translation. It takes the original text, which was transcribed in Hebrew and Greek, and gives us a literal translation of the meaning of the words.

I believe all of us will benefit from this insight, but, in my heart, I believe the Lord is wanting to minister specifically to someone.

I think you must know who you are. So, read and be strengthened in the love of Your Lord.

"But He said to me, 'My grace - My favor and lovingkindness and mercy - are enough for you, (that is, sufficient against any danger and to enable you to bear the trouble manfully); for My strength and power are made perfect - fulfilled and completed and show themselves most effective - in your weakness.' Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ, the Messiah, may rest - yes, may pitch a tent (over) and dwell - upon me!" (2 Corinthians 12:9, Amplified Bible)

Read it again slowly and let it sink in.

Beloved, He is with you and you will find His grace to be more than enough.

Father, bless You! Thank You for Your sensitivity to the needs of Your children. Thank You for Your grace, Your strength...Your Presence. Without You, Lord, I can do nothing - my righteousness is as filthy rags. But, because of You, Lord Jesus, because of Your blood, I can experience the grace of my Lord. Thank You for making a way when there seems to be no way. Thank You, Lord for Who You are. I love you.

No comments :

Post a Comment