Saturday, July 10, 2010

I Have Called You by Name

"But now, thus says the Lord, who created you, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Israel: 'Fear not, for I have redeemed you, I have called you by your name; you are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you. For I AM the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.'"
(Isaiah 43:1-3)


"I have called YOU by your name; You are Mine," says the Holy One of Israel.

Doesn't this quiet your restless, anxious spirit? Not only does He call you by name, your name is written in the palm of His hand. He knows the number of hairs upon your head. Child, you are precious to Him and He wants you to not be afraid. Why? Because He has redeemed you.

Redeemed. What exactly does that mean?

According to Webster, redeem means "to free from captivity by payment of ransom; to free from what distresses or harms; to release from blame or debt; to free from the consequences of sin; to repair or restore; to convert into something of value."

Redeemed. Redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb!!

What does the Lord say next?

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you..." He goes on to say that we will not be 'drowned', nor 'burned', nor 'scorched' as we pass through the trials and hardships this fallen world throws our way.

The Hebrew word for waters is mayim (my-yeem). This means what you would think: water, floods, seas. But, more significantly, mayim refers to 'life'!

So..."when you pass through LIFE, I will be with you...

My Child, do not be afraid or overwhelmed. You are not alone.

Father, help us to grasp this Truth! Help us to walk in it, draw strength and courage from it. We are SEALED in Your Holy Spirit - protected from the works of the enemy. We, Lord, are Your redeemed. Please Lord, let me hear You call my name. Sweet Jesus, thank You.

No comments :

Post a Comment