Wednesday, July 7, 2010

His Heart Beats For You

"There is no one like the God of Jeshurun, who rides the heavens to help you, and on the clouds in His majesty. The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms."
(Deuteronomy 33:26,27)


Jeshurun is a poetic name - an affectionate term - for Israel. That means Jeshurun is an affectionate name for us, as well.

And there is no one like our God!

Imagine, He rides on the heavens to help us. His eyes roam to and fro upon the earth looking for those who need to be strengthened. How comforting!

"...and underneath are the everlasting arms."

For the first time I saw the image of the Father carrying me in His arms as I read this. Before, I understood this to mean that He under-girds me and supports me in my times of trial.

And certainly this is true.

But now in my mind's eye, I can see the image of Almighty God - El Shaddai - carrying me through the fiery trials, holding me with His everlasting arms.

And He rides the heavens to help you, too, and to lift you with His everlasting arms, near to His heart...

His heart that beats for you.

Father, how great is Your love! How great is Your faithfulness to those who place their trust and hope in You. For You, Lord, are our hope. You, Lord, are high and lifted up and yet You concern Yourself with everything that concerns us. Thank You Lord. Thank You for Your love.

2 comments :

  1. It gives me goosebumps! Imagine, Holy God rides upon the winds like a surfer rides a board. And cradled safely in His mighty arms He carries me through the hurricane winds to the other side.

    Jesus, thank You! Thank You!

    Jean
    http://www.jeanmatthewhall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! He is mighty to deliver and His love is from everlasting to everlasting. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete