Thursday, July 15, 2010

Let Them Ever Shout For Joy!

"But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; Let those also who love Your Name be joyful in You. For You, O Lord, will bless the righteous; with favor You will surround him as with a shield."
(Psalm 5:11,12)


Friends, we have reason to rejoice!

I am not referring to your circumstances. If anyone knows how difficult life can be, it's me. I am referring to the fact that you are loved totally and completely by the Lord God! The Creator of the universe knows YOU by name. Praise Him!

Have you put your trust in Him? Then, the Scriptures say, "shout for joy, because (He) will defend you!"

Do you love His name? Have you considered His attributes, the many facets of Who He is to His children: Lord, Savior, Redeemer, Counselor, Prince of peace, Mighty God, Heavenly Father...I AM Who I AM...?

Then rejoice in Him today. Focus on Him - not the confusion swirling around you, not the mountain of debt, not the pain and sorrow of life-threatening illness, not a wayward child - FOCUS ON JESUS! Put your hope in Him!

And rejoice!

"For You, O Lord, will bless the righteous; with favor You will surround him as with a shield."

You, Child, are sealed IN the Spirit of God. You live WITHIN His love.

His favor surrounds you like a shield.

Lord, I rejoice in You, O God my Savior! I give You praise and I choose to focus on You, not my circumstances. In You, Lord, I find peace. You, Lord, defend me against my enemies and You, Lord, are a shield about me, the lifter up of my head. I will ever praise You!

No comments :

Post a Comment