Sunday, May 2, 2010

Fully Pleasing Him

"For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy..."
(Colossians 1:9-11)


When I read this scripture I thought of you - my friends. I pray for you often as I know many of you pray for me. Thank you.

I want you to pay attention to the gentle instructions Paul is giving to the Church at Colosse. He prays for them and asks the Father:
~ to reveal His will and give them spiritual understanding
~ to help them walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him
~ to make them fruitful in their work for the Kingdom
~ to strengthen them with His might and power so they will be able to endure
this Christian journey with joy.

I desire so much to walk worthy of the Lord's love. My heart longs to please Him in all things. And I know that is your desire also. That's why we share the joy of Morning Glory!! We all desire to know the treasures hidden in God's life-giving Word.

Prayer. Life-altering. Life-sustaining.

Praying for one another is a very good thing.

Father, my heart feels so full as I write these words. The prayers of my friends - of my brothers and sisters in Christ - mean the world to me. And I know how much they mean to you. Help us to take the ministry of prayer more seriously. Help us to understand the power of intercessory prayer. And help us to be disciplined and tenacious as we pray for one another. Thank you Father.

No comments :

Post a Comment