Friday, May 21, 2010

I Will Cry Out to God Most High

"I will cry out to God Most High, to God who performs all things for me. He shall send from heaven and save me; He reproaches the one who would swallow me up. SELAH God shall send forth His mercy and His truth."
(Psalm 57:2,3)


David wrote this Psalm when he was fleeing from Saul who wanted to kill him! He was hiding in a cave when these beautiful words flowed from his lips."

David was not shy when it came to crying out to his God - BUT - in his crying out, he acknowledged Who God is! David cried out to God Most High - El Elyon - the sovereign ruler of the universe - the One who is in control! He identified the power of his God.

Interesting note: "He reproaches the one who would swallow me up." Reproach means to disgrace and when David says God will disgrace the one who would 'swallow him up' - a more accurate translation would read, "one who snaps at me or hounds me or crushes me."

Do you feel like the stress of life is going to swallow you up? Is someone or something hounding you, crushing you with anxiety? GOD will take care of that situation IF you acknowledge Who He is in the midst of your problem.

SELAH. Pause and think about it.

Father, I am so thankful that You hear me when I cry out to You. I am Your child, therefore, Your ear and Your heart are turned towards me, just as I am aware of the cry of MY children. You are fully aware of my battles. Yes, You are fully aware of my tears. Thank You, Lord, that I find victory in You. You are precious, Lord.

No comments :

Post a Comment