Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Set Your Mind on Things Above

"If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth."
(Colossians 3:1,2)


This is hard to do, isn't it? We live in a very physical world, with very tangible problems. It glares at us, screams for attention and occupies every minute of every day.

But the Word of God offers us a better way. Paul instructs us to SEEK after those things which are above - to SET OUR MIND on things above - not on the things of this world.

Seek. Set your mind.

These are action words. They require doing. They require determination. They require making a choice.

Remember that your heart follows your treasures - those things that are important to you - those things you seek after and set your mind to. We must put our treasures where we want our lives to be.

I choose Jesus.

Lord, I do choose You! I choose Your love, I choose Your grace and forgiveness. Lord, I choose to trust You and to seek You first. On days that I get caught up in the ways of the world, please put Your hand on my shoulder and gently lead me back to You - to Your peace and to Your purposes. Thank You, Lord. I love you.

No comments :

Post a Comment