Saturday, May 1, 2010

I Am Persuaded

"For this reason I also suffer these things, nevertheless, I am not ashamed, for I know Whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day."
(2 Timothy 1:12)


Be encouraged. God is ABLE to keep what you have committed to Him until that Day in which He returns. The word for ABLE is dunatos (doo-nat-oss) meaning dynamite, powerful, mighty. Paul is saying that he is totally convinced that the Lord has the ability to act and the power to accomplish everything and anything that Paul has committed to Him! Awesome!!

Can you say the same thing with such conviction?
How is Paul able to say this?

Because, he said, "I know Whom I have believed." I love that!! I love it because I, too, can say, "I know Whom I have believed." This knowledge has come through many struggles, much grace and by learning to trust Him by witnessing His faithfulness.

I am convinced. I am persuaded. I KNOW that He is ABLE to keep - to stand guard - over all that I have committed to Him!

And I would say to you - Dare to believe! Take God at His Word. Stand on His promises. Discover everything there is to know about Him.

And you, too, will say, "I am persuaded!"

Lord, I love Your power. I love Your desire to show Yourself mighty in my life. Thank You for giving me the courage to dare to believe You. And thank You for not letting me down. You are awesome, God. I love You.

No comments :

Post a Comment