Friday, April 30, 2010

His Presence Gives Us Rest

"Now therefore, I pray, if I have found grace in Your sight, show me now Your way, that I may know You and that I may find grace in Your sight. And consider that this nation is Your people. And He said, "My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."
(Exodus 33:13,14)


Have you found grace in God's sight? Do you walk with Him, talk with Him? Is He your God - your One True God? Then because of the blood of Jesus Christ, you may approach His throne of grace with boldness and ask Him to show you His way, to teach you His truth. You may approach Him and express your need for grace.

Verse 14 says, "My Presence will go with you and I will give you rest."

Give rest. Nu'ach (noo-ahch) means to settle down, to be soothed or quieted; to be secure, to be still and to dwell peacefully.

Wow! When God's Presence goes with us to show us the way in which we should go - all because of His amazing grace - when that happens, His Presence soothes, comforts, settles, consoles and quiets us.

Do you feel cuddly all over knowing that God is with You? I do! What comfort (nu'ach) there is knowing that He WILL show us the way, the path He needs for us to travel.

Father, I cannot express to you how much Your Presence means to me. It is much more than mere words or concept or nice idea. Your Presence is REAL. Your Holy Spirit dwells in us, leading, guiding, comforting. Thank You, Lord so very much. Thank You for Your grace, for letting me KNOW You and thank You for giving me rest in Your Presence.

No comments :

Post a Comment